Up/Down Availability and Performance. At-a-Glance.
See what’s up and what’s down instantly whether in the cloud or on-premises. Get complete visibility to the status of network devices, systems and applications. Leverage topology-aware monitoring that understands network dependencies so you receive fewer, more intelligent alerts. Receive notifications through SMS, email, web or Slack so you know about developing issues before users report them. Integrate your other systems with a powerful REST API to automate your workload.
Automatically Discover and Map Your Entire Network
See connectivity and dependencies
See network devices, servers, virtual machines, cloud and wireless environments in context. Click on any device to get immediate access to a wealth of related network monitoring settings and reports. See how everything is connected and get answers faster. WhatsUp® Gold creates a detailed interactive map of your entire networked infrastructure.
“You almost need a new word for this map – the dynamic zooming is fantastic! ”
Rob Smura, Klein Steel
Monitor Network Performance with Customizable Alerts
Know about problems before users call
Leverage a dependency-aware network monitor to generate fewer more actionable alerts. Empower your network monitor with automated actions that trigger when a state change occurs including email alerts, SMS alerts, Slack alerts, IFTTT posts, service restarts, and web alarms. The alert center and dashboards put you in control.
“Wow! I can see right away what’s down. Getting device information is fast. ”
Mitchel Weinberger, GeoEngineers
Drill-Down from Customized Dashboards
Get answers quickly and take action
Create dashboards for individual users or technology domains to provide the information you need to streamline troubleshooting or administration. Customize dashboards with reports for servers, applications, virtual, wireless, cloud and network traffic. Export or schedule report runs to share with your team or management.
“It’s our go-to product when we have network issues.”
Jeffrey Randall, US Treasury Department
Integrate With Anything
WhatsUp Gold includes a powerful REST API that makes it easy to integrate it with your own systems or scripts. An extensive suite of REST API calls let you automate your workload by extracting specific data from WhatsUp Gold or inputting information from a separate system or script. You can extract current status information for use by another system, automatically put devices into maintenance mode before making changes, add or remove devices, add monitors and more. Learn more here.
Network Status in Your Pocket
Now you can get current network information on your mobile device. See network status at a glance on the home page: what’s up, what’s down and what’s in maintenance mode. Browse for specific devices for details and put them into or out of maintenance mode no matter where you are. Put the power of WhatsUp Gold in your pocket today and start resolving issues from anywhere. Available now for iOS and Android.
Discovery & Network Mapping
Discovery & Network Mapping
WhatsUp Gold network monitoring begins with powerful Layer 2/3 discovery of devices and any networked server. Discovery and Mapping tools include:
- Scope of discovery determined by individual IP addresses, seed scan, IP address ranges, or subnets
- Easy to add credentials including SNMP, Windows domain administrator, ADO, Telnet/SSH, VMware, JMX and SMIS
- Scheduling for ad hoc or recurring discoveries
- Built-in, customizable device roles assign monitors based on device type
Network Monitoring & Alerting
Keep ahead of network performance and availability issues with powerful Active, Passive and Performance monitors and intelligent alerting features including:
- Active Monitors which poll devices for an up/down or yes/no response
- Passive monitors for SNMP traps, Syslog, and Windows Event Logs from networked devices and servers
- Performance monitors using SNMP, SSH or WMI to track CPU, disk, memory and network utilization
- Alerts via email, SMS, and web or alert the whole team via Slack
- Real-time network monitoring deep-dive troubleshooting.
Reporting and Dashboards
WhatsUp Gold’s web-based interface makes reporting easy by quickly collecting , refining and delivering information to your IT team. Dashboard and reporting features include:
- Sorting, addition or removal of columns with a single click
- Timeframe or business hour filters (depending on report context)
- ‘Pins’ that apply filter choices to multiple reports
- An Overview Dashboard that displays up/down status with red-green bar charts
- Flexible scheduling and email distribution
- Report exports in multiple formats
Our Cloud Monitoring dashboards allow you to track cloud resource usage and billing and provide cost-justification to management. WhatsUp Gold automatically discovers, maps and monitors cloud environments including Amazon Web Services and Azure servers. Report and alert on the performance of every metric your cloud service provides through its API. As with all WhatsUp Gold data, this can be stored for years in order to track long-term trends – something impossible with the 60 or 90-day metrics most cloud providers support.